Checking the tire pressure should be a regular habit for all car owners. If the tires pressure is too high or too low it can affect how the car breaks and the fuel consumption. Many might not be aware of this but it can influence both things. The problem comes when the pressure is too low and the tires need to be inflated a bit. Not everyone has a car service nearby that can check the pressure. Also, it doesn’t sound like it would be worth it to waste time to go to a car service just to check the pressure.
A good option would be just to get a cheap tire inflator. Most of them come with a pressure gauge and some of them can even be powered by the car’s lighter. These simple devices are extremely small and can be stored in the trunk without taking much space. Some models are a bit larger and require a wall plug to be powered but for the most part, all of them are powerful enough.
Best Tire Inflator in 2023
Today we will have a look at 10 different tire inflators. These small air compressors selected by us are both affordable and come with positive customer feedback. Let’s jump right through the list starting with the number 10 and ending with our number 1 pick. Here are the top 10 best tire inflators in 2023 reviews.
Slime COMP02 12-Volt Tire Inflator
- Inflates mid-size car tire in 8 minutes
- Just check tire pressure monthly and air up low tires
- 12-Volt power adapter and capable of inflating up to 100 PSI
- Plugs directly into car cigarette lighter
- Includes a hose adapter kit with inflation nozzle and ball needle
Slime COMP02 12 volt tire inflator is one of the smallest models on our list. It has a really compact build with a plastic body and a built-in pressure gauge that can be used to check the tire pressure with great accuracy.
The model includes multiple adapters that make it compatible with any kind of car tire. It supports a maximum pressure of 100 psi and requires a 12-volt power supply. The model can be powered by a car lighter. The only downside is the length of the cord but extensions can be purchased.
Astro 3018 3-1/2-Inch Digital Tire Inflator with Stainless Steel Braided Hose
- New dual AAA battery powered design. 4X the battery life and simplified battery installation.
- New 21” Stainless braided hose for increased durability
- Maximum accuracy and 0.1psi resolution for use with TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
- Displays KG, PSI or BAR measurement
- Large face backlit LCD digital read-out
The Astro 3018 is a simple tire inflator that is small and easy to use. Its price tag makes it extremely affordable but the most appealing part is how small it is when compared to regular tire inflator with a built-in air compressor.
Unlike most other models in our list the Astro is a manual mechanical tire inflator that comes with a digital pressure gauge. It uses two AAA batteries which should last for some time. The model also features two positions for inflation and deflation.
Campbell Hausfeld 120 Volt Home Inflation System
- Operates on 120-volt household current. 150 Max PSI provides plenty of inflation power
- Built-in pressure gauge for easy and accurate monitoring of air pressure levels when inflating car and bike tires, soccer balls, beach balls and other sporting equipment
- Includes inflator needle and bonus Schrader-to-Presta adapter, allowing the inflator to be used with the Presta valves typically found on racing and road bikes
- Built-in cooling fan extends inflator life and reliability
- Finish your projects faster and easier with Campbell Hausfeld - The Air Power Expert
Campbell Hausfeld inflator is a great option for the ones that have a very limited budget. The model requires a regular 120-volt power outlet and has a really compact build. It was made to be portable and lightweight.
Like any other tire inflator, it comes with a pressure gauge and just an on and off button. The model includes multiple attachments and features a small carry handle. The only downside is the fact that its power cord is relatively short.
LifeLine AAA 300 PSI 12 Volt DC Air Compressor
- AAA Quality: Inflate a standard spare car tire in 8 minutes with this AAA 300 PSI portable tire inflator. Featuring a heavy duty and powerful motor, this compressor is one of the essential automotive accessories for a car, pickup truck, van and SUV. Can also be used for an ATV or motorcycle tire when using a converter.
- Convenience: Simply plug the DC power cable into your cigarette lighter socket, attach the quick connect air hose to your tire and turn the compressor on. Watch the built in easy to read pressure gauge as you inflate the tire to the desired PSI.
- Compact: The 10 ft DC power cable and 1.5 ft quick connect air hose are easily stored inside of the compressor. The compressor's measurements are 8" x 6" x 4".
- Versatility: Using the included nozzle adapters, this air compressor can be used for a bike tire, basketball, volleyball, football, inflatable pool toy's and other inflatables such as an air bed or mattress.
- Peace of Mind: This air compressor is essential to keep in your vehicle in case of an emergency or disaster when on the road along with various other tools and gadgets.
The Lifeline AAA air compressor is a simple and great tool that can be used for multiple types of jobs. Inside the package, the manufacturers include several accessories that can make it usable as a tire inflator.
The model comes with a 300 psi pressure gauge and a long 10-foot cord. It can be powered by a car’s cigarette lighter. As for its form factor, the product is fairly small thus making it easy to find a spot for the compressor inside the car. Last but not least the model is extremely affordable.
Campbell Hausfeld MP6000 Tire Inflator with Gauge
- Easy to use when connected to your air compressor, the MP600000AV combines 3 tools in one compact design—an inflation gun, chuck and gauge
- The flexible hose helps you maneuver move easily into heel wells and other tight spaces
- Easy to control with a large, readable gauge—2” in diameter--that measures between 10 - 150 PSI. The inflation gun features a side relief valve for bleeding off air and reducing pressure in over-inflated tires, helping you achieve proper inflation
- Simply squeeze the clip and position the chuck over any Schrader-type tire valve; release the clip to lock the hands-free chuck into place. Squeeze the trigger on the inflation gun to inflate
- Finish your projects faster and easier with Campbell Hausfeld. The Air Power Expert
If the budget is a big problem then the Campbell Hausfeld MP6000 tire inflator might be the answer. This inexpensive model comes with a simple design. It is not as efficient as a regular compressor but it is a decent option for routine tire pressure checks.
The model comes with a pressure gauge and a durable build. It comes with a solid handle and a flexible hose. It can work with any type of tire and supports a maximum pressure of 150 psi.
Goodyear i8000 120-Volt Direct Drive Tire Inflator
- 18 feet of air hose with quick connect valve and 6 foot power cord makes it extremely easy and hassle-free to reach all vehicle tires
- powerful direct drive motor is extremely quite and virtually vibration free
- includes adapters to inflates nearly anything
- 120 volt direct drive inflator with Whisper Soft technology provides extremely quiet and efficient operation
- Includes inflation adaptors for all sporting equipment and rafts; plugs into any standard 120-volt wall outlet for power
Goodyear i8000 is a great little tire inflator that comes with more than enough accessories and a modest price tag. It offers a long 24 feet air hose that makes it much easier to use even when a power outlet is far away.
Its maximum pressure is limited to 150 psi. The model includes a pressure gauge just like any other model. It has a solid metal construction and it is very easy to use.
Slime 40022 12-Volt Digital Tire Inflator
- Easy read digital display
- Bright light for night use
- Powerful and compact
- 12 inch Total reach
- CFM:565, LPM:16
Slime 40022 is a small and reliable tire inflator. The model comes with a decent price tag that recommends it for everyone with a limited budget. Like any other portable model it can be powered by a car’s lighter outlet.
In terms of performance, the device supports a maximum pressure of 35 psi. It comes with a digital pressure gauge and a 15 amp fuse. The model includes several attachments that make it compatible with all types of tires.
Black & Decker ASI300 Air Station 12-Volt or 120-Volt Inflator
- Inflates lawnmower, bike, and vehicle tires, sports balls, and other items quickly and easily
- Space saving, portable design, Voltage: 120 Volts
- EZ air dial for instant shut off when correct air pressure has been reached
- Weighs 6.1 pounds; 2 year warranty.Includes standard tire nozzle, needle infiltrator, and extension nozzle
- Pounds/Square Inch:160 psi
Black & Decker ASI3000 Air Station is one of the most popular models that has been selling quite well. It has a compact design with a plastic body and a short air hose. The model uses a powerful and compact compressor to provide enough pressure even to inflate tires.
The model can work with a regular 120-volt power outlet or a 12-volt socket from the car’s lighter. On the top side, a pressure gauge has been added as well as an easy dial to turn it on or off.
Kensun YS-205 (Home 110V)/ DC (12V Car) Portable Air Compressor Tire Inflator
Kensun YS-205 is a decent option for the ones that do not own a tire inflator. It is an inexpensive model that allows any car owner to check the tire pressure on their own or inflate them without going to a car service.
According to the technical specifications, the model has a maximum pressure of 40 psi which is more than enough. Also, it comes with a long 9 feet cord that can be connected to a cigarette plug. It can also be connected to a regular 110 v power plug.
Viair 85P Portable Air Compressor
- Rated best tire inflator for most drivers by prominent product review websites.
- 12 VOLT - 60PSI Max Working Pressure, engine must be running during use.
- 1.26CFM Free Flow at 0 PSI
- Portable air compressor powered by auxilliary power outlet. (The 85P can only be used if your outlet is rated to 15 AMPS/180 Watts or more)
- Engine must be running when in use.
The Viair 85P is one of the most well-reviewed models in our list. It is also quite popular and reasonably priced. The build quality is superior with a metal body and a premium hose that can withstand high air pressure.
Its performance is also quite decent with a maximum pressure of 60 psi. The model can be powered by a lighter socket and comes in a compact form factor. It can also be powered by a regular wall power outlet.
Tire inflators can be of two types. There are the electric ones and the manual mechanical ones. The mechanical ones have the great advantage of being small and easy to use while the electric ones are much more efficient but a bit larger.
Looking at the pricing of these compact air compressors, all of them are affordable and their build quality is decent. Even the ones that have a full plastic body are sturdy enough to withstand high air pressure.