Child safety in the car is a big concern for parents. Even though auto safety standards have increased in recent years, any type of trauma can have massive negative effects, especially for toddlers under 5-years old. For that reason, we present to you a review of this year’s best infant car seats.
Best Infant Car Seats
Harvest Moon Infant Car Seats
- Built to grow: The 3 in 1 car seat built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds, forward facing 22 to 65 pounds, and belt positioning booster 40 to 100 pounds
- Side impact protection: The grow and go’s side impact protection helps keep your child safe
- Easy in, easy out: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it is easy to get your child in and out of the seat. Rear facing height is 19 to 40 inches. Forward facing height is 29 to 52 inches
- Quickfit harness: With the quickfit harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- Wash and dry: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; No fuss for truly easy cleaning
A chair model that we really like a lot is the Harvest Moon brand.
This specific model fits all the needs of infants – Not only is it safety approved, it is also extensively safety tested.
Perfect for infant Toddler Groups 1, 2 and 3 with weight range between 20-60 pounds; infant car seat can be used from toddlers to children up to the age of 12.
We like this chair for for 3 reasons.
First, it is very comfortable – even for longer trips as it is very padded model. Thanks to its design, your child will be able to sleep on long trips, so travel will seem much shorter!
Second is the special padding for the head. Your baby will feel comfortable and more importantly, it’s a safety feature not all infant car seats have. As other examples, depending on the height of your child, this model allows you to adjust the headrest to the needs of the child. (Also makes it one of the safest toddler car seats)
Third reason (and probably the best!) is that you can use a single chair as your toddler grows. As noted above, the chair can handle up to 60 lbs and up to the age of 12. Lots of money saving value with this car seat.
Because of these 3 specific reasons, we love Harvest Moon and consider this one of the best toddler car seats available!
GRACO TriRide Toddler Car Seats
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 lb) to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to highback booster (40-100 lb)
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: a combination of the most rigorous crash tests that help to protect your child in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes
- No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your growing child
- 6-position recline keeps your child comfy and helps for a better installation
GRACO TriRide is mostly internatonal brand, but this infant car seat appeals in design and infant protection.
It is very easy to install and has simple straps. By this we mean that you can fasten your child in easily, so it will not be difficult to get them safely into the car even if you’re only going on a short trip.
Like all the chairs in this list, it is safety approved, so you can be sure that your child is in safe hands, despite the cheaper pricing. And for that quality price, this is a great alternative car seat to consider.
It can be used by children between 9 and 36kg. It has a really comfortable back, making your child comfortable enough to sleep during long trips. And of course, the headrest is adjustable, adapting to the height of the child as they grow.
The only downside that we can consider about this chair is that it has has no Isofix fastening. But even so, the fastening for the car seat is sufficiently high, and the chair will always be securely attached to the car.
Cybex Infant Car Seats
- 10-Year Car Seat: The seamless transitions between modes offer up to 10 years of use from your Eternis S. An in-seat recline helps provide correct ergonomic positioning and extra legroom that lets your child ride rear-facing for longer.
- SensorSafe: The chest clip SensorSafe technology automatically syncs to the phone app to provide alerts if unsafe situations arise, including your child becoming unbuckled, the back seat being too warm or cold, or if the child is seated too long.
- All-In-One Car Seat: The CYBEX Eternis S is the only seat your child will need from birth and beyond. Featuring rear-facing, front-facing, and belt-positioning booster modes, the Eternis S is designed for use from birth up to 120 lbs.
- Linear Side Impact Protection: The Linear Side Impact Protection system (L.S.P.) absorbs up to 25% more impact forces in certain crashes when compared to the same car seat without L.S.P. extended.
- Patented Reclining Headrest: The Eternis S headrest helps prevent the child's head from falling forward while asleep, keeping the head and neck in a safe position. The headrest also features 12 height settings for easy adjustment as your child grows.
If you are looking for a high quality car seat for your child between the ages of 3 and 12 , this model will not disappoint you.
The model includes Isofix fastening so you can be sure that at no time will the chair move from the seat. This systems increase the safety of the child, and more and more parents are counting on this this type of technology to protect their children. It is perfect for children in groups 2 and 3.
We also like that this product has received many safety awards . This shows that it really has passed all safety tests without any problems.
As for the comfort of the toddler car seat, your child will really feel very comfortable in it. It has a soft feel, and you can adjust the back in up to 11 positions. It is a model that fits a variety of children very well.
Diono Radian Infant Car Seats
- REAR-FACING FOR LONGER - Designed and engineered to keep your child rear facing even longer up to 50 lb, approx. 4 years old
- 10 YEARS ONE CAR SEAT - With 4 ways to travel from birth to booster, the Radian 3R adapts as your child grows to offer a custom fit from birth up to 120 lb
- STEEL CORE - Mechanically engineered, reinforced steel core, made from automotive grade high strength steel to shield and protect
- THE ORIGINAL RADIAN 3 ACROSS - Built with our famous Radian slim fit convertible design for a 3-across option only with Diono Radian combinations without compromising child or passenger comfort. Feel safe having your children secure in the backseat
You can’t play with the safety of your children – For this reason we present to you a car seat that is one of the safest on the market.
Although its price is slightly higher than other models we have mentioned, the high levels of safety make this chair worth it. This variety of chair can be purchased in various colors.
If you choose this model, not only will you get a model that will protect your child, it is also a great investment. Thanks to its materials and design, you can have a high quality chair for many years. It is perfect for children from 9 months to 12 years. The chair adapts to the height of each child.
One of the things we like most is that this chair has 5 security points through the Hero system. But if this were not enough, the model has been designed to avoid any impact in case of accident, through advanced side protection systems.
It’s also very light. This will allow you to remove it and put it in your trunk with no effort, something to take into account when buying a good chair.
Piku (Disney) Toddler Car Seats
- The car seat built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: Rear facing 5 40 pounds, forward facing 22 65 pounds, and belt positioning booster 40 to 100 pounds
- Side impact protection
- Harness holders: With the harness held back, it's easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- Grow with baby pillows for a comfortable ride
- Quick fit harness for easy adjustment of both harness and headrest in 1 simple step
If you struggle to persuade your daughter to sit in her car seat, then maybe this model is for you!
This Frozen design will enchant you and your little ones, and plus, it’s really comfortable too. It is perfect for day-to-day or even for longer trips.
If you are concerned about safety, then you have no worries with this chair. It has passed all safety tests, so is an approved model. It is perfect for weights of between 20 and 60 pounds.
If you install the chair correctly, it will never move, even though it does lack Isofix technology.
Your daughter can feel like a princess in this seat, and you should also note that the headrest is fully adjustable, so her comfort is ensured.