Control arms play an essential function in your car’s suspension system. They are also called the wishbone of the suspension system. This control arm features a triangular and flat sub-frame. It moves in a dual place.
Cars commonly have two to four control arms. It depends on whether the car’s suspension system has shocks or struts. It controls the movement of the wheels, making the body of the car aligned. They are crucial components that allow your tires to go up and down smoothly. They also improve steering and reduce the tire from wearing out too soon.
Top 10 Best Body Control Arms – 2024
- Speedway Motors G-Body and S10 tubular control arms offer all the same benefits at a fraction of the cost of other brands
- Tubular upper control arm features increased header clearance compared to stock stamped arms which is vital for S10 V8 swaps
- Heavy duty tubular design and increased positive caster for optimum handling and performance
- 1-1/4” OD .120” wall thickness DOM steel tubing is precision bent, jig located and MIG welded for maximum strength
- New ball joints and Delrin bushings virtually eliminate flex and reduce friction to improve handling while remaining squeak free
- This auction is for a set of upper and lower heavy-duty tubular control arms. They are significantly stronger than stock.
- Suspension geometry is improved over stock by increasing camber gain and improving roll camber.
- They utilize bleeding-edge manufacturing processes which include mandrel bends and precision CNC welding.
- The highest quality DOM steel tubing has been used for its construction and has a chip and scratch-resistant powder-coated finish.
- The upper control arms also utilize greaseable bushings which make for increased stiffness over stock to provide more consistent and precise handling.
- Front control arm frame bumpers
- 1967-69 GM F & 1968-74 X-body
- 1964-72 GM A-body
- A great detail item
- Works well in street performance, drag Race, and road Race applications
- Heavy-duty Construction eliminates control arm Flex, giving you much improved repeatability on the street, starting Line, or in the corners
- Polyurethane bushings are compliant enough to give you a comfortable ride and absorb NVH, while remaining firm enough to stand up to high loads of any performance environment
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Fit for General Motor A-Body, for 1964-1972 Chevy Chevelle Malibu El Camino Pontiac GTO Tempest LeMans Oldsmobile Cutlass; for 1968-1972 Chevy Monte Carlo Oldsmobile 442 Buick Skylark; for 1970-1972 GMC Sprint Trucks
- 4 PC Front Suspension Kit: Tubular control arms are made of strong steel, redesigned to improve steering and suspension geometry over stock arms by increasing camber gain and improving roll camber. This front control arm kit provides more precise handling
- Polyurethane Bushing: A-arms are 1.26" O.D. with .197" wall tubing, the powder-coating finish can prevent rust and corrosion. Greaseable poly bushing has a higher strength compared to rubber, resistant to oil, heat, abrasion, and harsh weather conditions
- Direct Replacement: Kit includes 2 x front upper control arms, 2 x front lower control arms, and all hardware shown in the picture. The lower control arms can directly replace stock ones, perfect for race cars, hot rods, and car restoration project
- 24/7 Customer Support: maXpeedingrods offers lifetime technical support and 1-year limited warranty for quality-related issues since the date of purchase. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
- Trustworthy replacement - These control arms are a direct bolt in upgrade with no modification required
- Quality engineering - Lightweight Design. +5 degrees caster, 0-1 Positive camber , Toe-in 1/4 total,Straight-line stability is achieved because the upper arms have caster built into them.Increased handling will be felt, and less tire wear will be provided. The Upper Shafts and Lower Bushings mount in stock locations. The Polyurethane inserts on the lower arms will help isolate suspension noise by locating the coil springs correctly."
- Even if the springs have been removed, cut or re-positioned, the arm inserts will rotate to accept the ends of the coil springs. Ball joints are a perfect fit in stock spindles."
- 10 Year Warranty available ***
- Fits 1967-1969 Camaro, Firebird 1968-1974 Chevy Nova 1971-1974 Pontiac Ventura 1973-1974 Buick Apollo 1973-1974 Oldsmobile Omega
- Package Weight: 0.045 kgs
- Product Type: Auto Part
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Heavy Duty Tubular Control Arms
- Compatible with 64-72 Chevelle Monte Carlo GTO A-Body
- Economical, ready to bolt on control arms for your 64-72 Chevelle Monte Carlo GTO A-Body
- Complete with pre-installed bushings and ball joints. Strong and lightweight with polyurethane bushings
- Easy-to-install upper and lower tubular control arms that improve handling and freshen up front-end
- For a visibly toned, tighter & brighter body
- Improves the look of skin texture and crepiness
- Visibly tightens, firms and restores elasticity
- Brightens, boosts skin luminosity and evens skin tone
- English (Publication Language)
- Application: Fit any A Body GM car, 1964-1972 Chevelle, Malibu, Monte Carlo, and El Camino,1964-1972 Lemans, Grand Am, Grand Lemans, GTO, T37, and Tempest,1969-1972 Grand Prix
- Also fit for 1970-1972 Sprint Trucks,1966-1972 4-4-2, Cutlass, Calais, F85, and Vista Cruiser,1964-1972 Skylark, Century, Special, Luxus, and Regal
- Suspension geometry is improved over stock by increasing camber gain and improving roll camber
- These control arms are redesigned for better steering and suspension
- They require no modification to the body or frame of your vehicle, and are completely bolt-in replacements
Top 4 Best Body Control Arms Reviews
It would be a rough and uncomfortable ride without them. Control arms wear down with time. You also need to replace them as necessary. Here are some best body control arms you can choose.
G Body S10 Front Tubular Upper Control Arms Shaft
- 1982 - 2002 2WD Chevrolet S-10 And S-15
- Fits all GM G Body 1978-1988
- Lightweight Better weight transfer
- Stronger than stock
- Designed for geometry correction
The control arms manufactured by Southside Machine Performance are lightweight and made for drag racing. These are adjustable and allow extreme camber and caster change for an excellent performance.
To improve your handling, I recommend installing these tubular upper control arms. It helps you achieve your G Body S-10’s built-in performance potential. The control arms provide a more powerful positive caster and improved steering.
It also offers a precise feel by replacing the bushings with roller bearings. They include steel cross shafts and improved header clearance. This product features a durable gloss black powder coat finish. It guarantees to improve the performance of the car.
- Fits all GM G Body 1978-1988
- Designed for geometry correction
- Makes the traction much better
- Lessens the wheel hop
- Makes handling stable
- The upper control arms boast strength
- Durable construction
- High quality
- Powder Coated Black
- Sway bar ready
- No cons noticed
Speedway Motors 1978-88 GM G Body
- Enhanced Rigidity and Performance: Tubular construction significantly improves rigidity over stock control arms, optimizing traction and minimizing wheel hop for better handling.
- Upgraded Polyurethane Bushings: Features new, advanced polyurethane bushings that resist flexing and deflection more effectively than standard rubber, enhancing suspension efficiency and responsiveness.
- Corrosion-Resistant Finish: Comes with a durable black painted finish, providing excellent protection against corrosion and extending the life of the control arms.
- Compatibility and Ease of Upgrade: Designed as a simple, direct upgrade for 1978 to 1988 GM G-Body vehicles such as the Monte Carlo, Cutlass, Regal, and Grand Prix.
- Customizable for Sway Bar Use: While the lower control arms are not equipped with sway bar provisions, they can be modified to accommodate a sway bar, offering flexibility for further enhancements.
Speedway Motors 1978-88 GM G body rear control arms weigh 23 pounds. The product dimensions are 25 x 6 x 6 inches from the center to the midpoint of the bushings.
They are heavy-duty body rear control arms and sturdier than stoked stamped components. The tubular construction works better than the stock control arms by increasing rigidity. Thus, the traction control works well and lessens the wheel hop.
Check when buying the rear control arms if it has bushing installed. The improved polyurethane bushings enable the suspension to be responsive and efficient. The finish painted in black prevents corrosion.
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Stronger than stock-stamped arms
- Suspension Trailing Arms
- Controls wheel hop
- Includes polyurethane bushings
- Durable metal, quality bushings
- Easy to set up
- Easy to install
- Easy to store
- Bushings not installed
- The control arms on the lower part don’t have provisions for mounting a factory sway bar
- No instructions included
Southside Machine Performance’s 10 and 12 Bolt
- Easy pinion angle adjustment
- B06WWM55NN ASIN For The Housing Bushings
- Reduces Wheel Hop
- Properly mounts a Gm A Body Rear-end In a GM G Body Chassis
- Fits GM G Body 1978-1988
The Bolt Swap Double Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms improve traction and provide an efficient rear suspension. The Southside Machine’s control arms are best designed to bolt GM A-Body rear end into GM G-Body.
This item features heavy-duty construction that provides extreme durability on the streets. It also includes bushing deflection and adds material that prevents rusting. It is best to use for any car model to prevent traction loss and low handling ability.
- Has heavy-duty control arms
- Allows easy adjustments to pinion angle
- Easy to mount
- Increases traction and reduces wheel hop
- Improves handling and stability
- Long-lasting durability
- Made heavy-duty
- Applicable to most car models
- It fits all 1978-1988 GM G Body versions
- No customers review
UMI Performance’s 301417-R GM G-Body Rear Adjustable Upper and Lower Control Arm Set
- 1978-88 GM G-Body
- (1) Set Tubular Lower Control Arms
- (1) Set Adjustable Upper Control Arms Includes:
- (1) Set Tubular Lower Control Arms 236-3014-R
This GM G-Body Rear Adjustable Control Arm Kit Set has all the tools needed for upper and lower control arm replacement. It is best to help angle consistency, which minimizes wheel hop. This product is easy to install, making the traction of your cars well-performing. This set adds up strength to your car and provides ride improvement.
- It has an adjustable rear
- Upgraded suspension system
- Easy to mount
- Minimizes wheel hop
- Adjustable Upper and Lower Control Arm
- Available for tubular Lower Control Arm
- Improved cornering and traction
- Offers in Control Arm Kit set
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Easy adjustments for pinion angle
- Fits in all GM G Body 1978-1988 versions
- Under hard loads, the factory section flexes, resulting in poor traction for your car
The four above-mentioned products are useful to any car model. They have distinct features that will improve the performance of the vehicles. To summarize, the S10 Front Tubular Upper Control Arms Shaft is the best compared to others. It provides efficient handling stability that guarantees your car’s excellent performance.