Perhaps you have seen some cars on TV with dashboard cameras, particularly police cars, in the act of chasing criminals or suspicious characters on the road. In fact, some drivers choose to install dashboard cameras as a way to qualify for a cheaper insurance premium. This is why aside from the benefit of increasing your safety, you can also lower the cost of the premium from your insurance policy. And for these reasons, we are here to help you with the buying process by presenting these top 10 best car dash cams in 2024 reviews as & a buyer’s guide. Here, you can find our recommended products under this category, along with helpful tips when purchasing a dashcam for your car.
Basically, a dashcam is a type of video camera that is mounted on the dashboard or mounted on your vehicle’s windshield. These devices are capable of recording audio and video while you are driving. There are forward-facing cameras, but a number of new models have dual-lens, which means these can capture the back and front images.
When it comes to buying a dashcam, you should look for one with an auto-stop and auto-start feature. This way, it should be able to record once it is plugged into the cigarette lighter adapter of the car or when it’s hard-wired. In addition, it may be worth considering a camera with a cycle or continuous looping function. This way, it can delete your oldest file to continue the recording of new videos upon filling up the memory card.
Whether you are looking to buy a dashcam for reporting to authorities bad drivers, protecting your vehicle, or capturing videos of a vehicular accident from informing your insurance company, then you should find some useful tips and top-rated products in this post. Read along to learn about the items we recommend, including the features, benefits, and limitations of each.
Ultimate Buyer’s Guides
There are numerous options available in stores when it comes to car dash cams, which can make the selection and buying process a little tricky. However, by having a clear understanding of the features to look for, you can get yourself an excellent quality dash cam that will match your needs and standards.
- Check the video quality: Make it a point to check the camera’s video quality, as this is the most important aspect to look for in this device. Go for one that can shoot in HD, such as 720P or even 1080P. While the price may be steeper the higher the resolution, you will never be disappointed when you opt for full HD dash cams. The night videos should also be clear, which is why it makes sense to check sample videos, as the device should be capable of capturing clear images even when the lighting is poor.
- How discreet is the camera? Naturally, you want to be sure the camera is not obvious while attached to the car’s windshield. A small camera with a black color is a great choice since, aside from the ease of mounting just behind your rearview mirror, the color will allow the device to blend well. Although there may not be any screen on small cams, this should not be a problem as long as it can capture great videos stealthily.
- Do you need LED lights? There are some dash cams for cars with LED lights. While these are often advertised to improve the quality of night recording, the low power is not sufficient to make this happen. In fact, there are those who worry about the extra glare the lights tend to cause from your windshield. This is why those who have a dash cam with LEDs just keep the lights off to prevent these issues.
- Choose a camera that is highly reliable: A great dashboard camera is reliable, which means all the functions are working perfectly. Opt for a device with guaranteed performance, which means no blurry images, zero jumping or hanging during the recording, and with the capability to withstand very high or very low temperatures.
- Good length of the power adapter: Installing the wire of the cam around the windshield is much easier if the power adapter has a length of 3.5 meters or even greater. Otherwise, you’ll be stuck with having to leave it straight down, which can get in your way or create an eye sore inside your car.
Best Car Dash Cams in 2024
KDLINKS DX2 1920 x 1080 165 Degree Wide Angle Full-HD Dash Camera Recorder
- Front + Rear 2 Lens System + CPL Filter. HD Video 1080P at 30 fps, super wide 165° + 125° angle. The DX2 dash cam can automatically record hands-free in a continuous loop. Large 3" screen, super slim design. Come with 16GB micro SD card, ready to use right out of the box.
- Superior Night-vision by world class F1.6 Six-Glass lenses, and unique dashcam WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) video system (Similar to HDR technology in Camera)
- 2 Lens system can well cover both front and rear, 165° for front, and 125° for rear, 290° in total.
- Emergency Lock Button & Accident Auto Detection Feature (G-Sensor) can lock current video file for you. Safety First: High Quality Li-polymer 3.7v 110mah battery can bear high/low temperature, with official MSDS report and the most strict PONY Lab Certificate (Tested: 6+ hours in 170°F, 6+ hours in -40°F).
- One Year Warranty To Cover Any Dash Cam hardware Issues. First Class best support for all customers. All emails would be replied in 24 hours, and 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
If you want to get the double benefit of reducing your insurance costs and safeguarding your vehicle, then this KDLINKS dash cam should be perfect for your needs. At the same time, you can expect to receive a good price for this device, considering all the features that it offers to add true value for your money. With this dash cam, you can begin the recording once you turn the ignition on, which takes the stress out of having to look for the “on” or “off” button.
There is also a night mode function that ensures the quality of your recording, even if the lighting is not good. With the WDR system of this device, you can be sure that every detail remains crystal clear, thanks to the excellent F1.6 camera lens. Overall, this is a great camera with 30fps; that’s a sweet spot when it comes to flawless videos while keeping the memory card space within a reasonable size.
If there is one thing that is not quite ideal about this camera, it is the design. It comes with a silver-colored ring around its lens, which makes it not as stealthy as how you want it to be. This is why it is difficult to cover it up once you drive, whether at night or day. But as for the functions, this camera deserves two thumbs up because of its impeccable build and performance.
- It is a compact camera with an external GPS antenna.
- You can record your speed efficiently because of the GPS feature.
- The night videos are as impressive as the ones taken during the daytime.
- Although the case is black, the lens has a silver ring that reduces its stealthiness.
OldShark 3-Inch Dash Cam 1080P 170-Degree Wide Angle with 32GB Card
- 【Ultra HD Dash Cam for Cars】With super HD video resolution 1080P and superior fluently recording. Old Shark Dash Cam 1080p deliver clear images videos even at high speed or in darkness, it will be safe and reliable with OldShark dashcam.
- 【170° Super Wide Angle】Adopt Sony Sensor and F1.6 Big Aperture wide angle lens, real 170 degree wide field of view, the dash cams for vehicles reduces the blind spots, captures more details and reserve the real scene.
- 【Lock Accident】Built in G-sensor, dashboard cameras can automatically detects a sudden shake/collision of car, save and lock the accident footage, which provides proof in case of an accident claim.
- 【Your Best Driving Companion】Seamless Loop Recording, Impact Detection, Protection for Important Files, Parking Guard, Motion Detection, Auto On/Off, Time Stamp, Screensaver,the camera dash recorder satisfy your need for daily driving.
- 【Easy to Install and USE】OldShark Dashcam comes with 32GB Memory card car cigarette charger - Plug and Play, simply mount this dash cam to windshield, connect the power cable, no need to worry even for a first time user.
Using this dash cam, you can expect nothing but remarkable results because of the HD resolution that it provides and its ability to record a video with 1920×1080 P resolution at 30 fps. You can count on this device to give you clear evidence in video format to your insurance company or the police, as the need arises. Set up is a breeze with this dash cam since it turns on and off automatically. Once you start the engine, the recording begins.
At the same time, it stops capturing videos when the engine is off. Mounting this camera is also seamless as you can easily mount it to your windshield, then connect the power cable, and the device will work when you turn the ignition on. The lens also has a super wide angle at 170 degrees, so you don’t miss a thing with this device. There is an infrared light built right into the unit, along with external lights that can produce a clear and crisp night video recording even with dim light conditions.
Some product users find it a little perplexing to understand the design of the camera. The battery is not intended to operate the device, but it’s intended to catch loops once you have shut the engine off. Unfortunately, the cable is too long that it may take some time to figure out a technique to keep it out of the way.
There are those who tape the cable to the interior of their car, while some just let this hang down. But these options do not help with the appearance of your vehicle, aside from the inconvenience of dealing with a hanging cable. Moreover, the instructions are not too clear, so it may not be too appealing for those who rely on the manual’s step-by-step procedure when it comes to setting up and troubleshooting the device.
- The images are very clear because of the ultra HD quality video you can record using this dash cam.
- Even if you record videos at night, the quality is still great, thanks to the IR light built right into the unit.
- There is a G-Sensor to this dash cam for capturing and locking evidence when there is a crash or collision detected by the device.
- This camera has intelligent features, including a parking monitor, SOS lock, instant playback, motion detection, loop recording, timestamp, and WDR.
- There are no clear instructions included in this device.
- It is not recommended to keep the camera in the car when the ignition is off, and it is very hot outside.
BBC Dash Cam Full HD 1080P with 16GB Micro SD Memory Card
This is a brilliant dash cam loaded with basic but essential features to ensure your convenience and satisfaction in using it for your recordings. For the most part, it is easy to install, set up, and use. You can mount it on your windshield using the attachments included, and it should not take long until you get it ready for your video recording needs.
The size of this device is just right for your needs. It is small and can be concealed without a problem, so others will not be aware of this device in your vehicle. Even with its compact size, you can expect it to record excellent audio and video all the time. There is a 32 GB TF memory card that is included in the package, which is sufficient enough to hold as much as 3 hours of video recording.
As for the video quality, it is amazing when you view it on your computer. Even the license plate is readable, so this should help when you need to report incidents to the police or your insurance company. The lens comes with a wide-angle and high resolution at 140 degrees, and there is a 2.31-inch LCD to make sure the device captures everything you want to record. Among the other features, you will love to include the G-sensor, motion detection, and loop recording that performs seamlessly.
While this camera has a lot of impressive features, there are a few limitations to this device. The night vision is not quite outstanding, even with the presence of light on the camera’s front portion. The size of this light is too small, so the quality of night videos may not be as how you want it to be. There is a mount included, but it seems to need additional glue just to make sure it stays put on your windshield.
- There is an adjustable 360-degree mount that lets you point the camera in any direction you wish.
- You can quickly adjust the setting of the quality for the photo or video recording options.
- The resolution is amazing at 1080p, which has a positive impact on the recorded images or videos.
- It is ideal for removing the device when the temperatures are too high or too low to prevent damage to it.
- There is a short battery life for this camera, which may not make it capable of recording long videos.
- The night vision needs some improvement as it is not of the finest quality.
Vantrue R2 2K HD Car Dash Cam with 2.7-Inch LCD and 170-Degree Wide Angle Lens
- A119 V3 dash cam gps adopts advanced 5MP IMX335 sony starvis sensor and F1.6 7G lens, at 1440P 60fps QHD+, resolution and 60/30 frames per second, the car camera shoots in stunning quality during the day and night, making it easier to read license plates and capture incidents with superb clarity. Its 140-degree angle prevents a fisheye view while still providing a wide view of the road
- A119 V3 dashcam has a revolutionary improvement on parking mode, there are 3 solutions under the parking mode to meet different needs, Auto Event Detection, Time Lapse, Low Bitrate Recording. When you choose Auto Event Detection, buffered parking mode function will work automatically to record 15s before the event and 30s after the event. This feature requires HK3 ACC hardwire cable (sold separately，Asin: B07JQ1JYPJ), it will turn the camera on or off through ACC signal
- With GPS module, A119 V3 dash camera will record real-time speed, time and GPS route in the video file, allowing compatible viewers to display the data on playback. And a date and time stamp embedded on to the recorded footage provide further additional evidence
- Come with Sony STARVIS 5MP image sensor, provide a much clearer image than most dash cameras at night. HDR function can automatically balance the lighting at over bright and over dark area, capture clear license plate even under strong car lights at night
- G-sensor, motion detection, HDR, loop recording, support up to 256GB SD card, built-in microphone, auto start/stop, easy to installation and use, one year warranty. The A119 V3 is the ideal choice for your dash cam.If you have any questions, please contact our store VIOFO.LTD first, we provide high-quality after-sales service and technical support.
Another high-performance dash cam for vehicles, the Vantrue R2 HD camera can capture 2560 x 1080P and 2304 x 1296P resolution of videos at 30 fps, with a lifelike quality that does not disappoint. What’s more, even the night vision is superb, as there is a built-in sensor that enhances every video recorded when the lighting is dim or poor. As there is a 170-degree wide-angle for the lens, it is capable of recording the front and side images without much distortion to the recorded videos.
This camera also comes with a G-Sensor that can auto-lock your videos with every detected impact. To keep your recorded videos secure and organized, there is an Event Folder for all of your event videos. This way, you can quickly review them without any hassle. It’s also great that you can record anything that comes close to your car using the Parking Mode, which the motion detector triggers to function.
With all of these features, as well as the super-strong suction of the mounting component, the dash cam can stick to the windshield securely all the time. You can also make use of the USB port found on the mount to hide the wire and keep the connections mess-free.
There are two things that are worth looking into before buying this device to ensure your total satisfaction. One, the mount does not include a GPS, which is a bit of a letdown since others have this feature without another mount necessary. Also, the company has no web presence. This makes it tough to contact them for your concerns or inquiries.
- Installation and setup are effortless and quick.
- Even if the cable is long, it is easy to hide it under the dashboard.
- Whether you capture images day or night, the quality is always superb.
- It is a breeze to navigate around the menu system, and there is a clear manual that comes with this package.
- Lack of GPS function unless there is a separate mount.
- No website for the company, which can be a drawback for those who wish to find additional information about the product or to contact them for assistance.
Z-Edge Z3 2K Ultra HD 1296P 2560×1080 Dash Cam with 32 GB Memory Card
- YOUR EXPERT WITNESS: The best dash camera 2016 voted by Wirecutter just got even better - records Ultra HD 2.5K video featuring the latest A12 Ambarella chipset and CMOS image sensor - market leading reliability and image quality in all light conditions - avoids pricey, unnecessary features such as GPS and WiFi
- ULTRA 2.7K IMAGE QUALITY: Never miss a license plate in stunning Wide Quad HD (WQHD) 2560x1440P and 155-degree viewing angle at 30 frames per second - capture more detail at a distance with optimized field-of-view for minimal fisheye image distortion - featuring 3.0" display screen
- HDR NIGHT VISION: Enable High Dynamic Range (HDR) for superior low light compensation when driving at night - reacts to extreme light conditions just like your eye, balancing exposure and light/dark spots - six glass lenses reduce glare and deliver superior video quality - essential for capturing consistent image detail across a variety of light conditions
- AUTOMATIC SAFEGUARDS: Records automatically on vehicle ignition - switches off automatically with ignition off - energy saving LCD screen off timer - loop recording feature for efficient storage management - manual and automatic video protection from deletion - one button audio recording on/off - built-in G-sensor/accelerometer triggers motion/crash vibration detection recording - parking mode watchdog for 24/7 surveillance of your vehicle
If what you want is a reliable dash cam for your vehicle, then this Z-Edge Z3 camera is your best bet. It offers an automatic operation with all the basic features that you need, including ultra HD quality that can record super HD 2560 x 1080P resolution at 30 fps. The lens is broad and wide with a field of view of 145-degree angle, so you can capture every single detail whenever you zoom in while avoiding excess distortion.
The minute you turn the ignition on, the camera records in an instant, and it turns off when the vehicle’s engine is off. You will also like the LCD screen with energy-saving features, as well as the other important functions such as the built-in G-sensor, video deletion protection (manual and automatic), parking mode, and the accelerometer that can detect crashes while you are recording. Lastly, the CMOS image sensor with processor lets you capture every detail clearly, even when taken from a distance.
As for the negatives of this product, you may want to check the suction cup mount that fails to stay put for a long time. The size of the cam is a little big, which makes it a little tough to hide when installed on the windshield. There is also no GPS in this unit, so it may be a problem if this is a feature that matters to you.
- You will appreciate the great video quality and clarity of the recording, even if done at night or day.
- The cam uses a standard screw mount, so you have the option to use another mount, depending on your preference.
- As this is a 2K dash cam, the view is fairly wide and perfect for the purpose it’s intended for.
- The mount is tall and may interfere with your visibility while driving.
- There is a possibility for the cam to rotate while on the mount because of the screw mechanism that has a design preventing it from being tightened fully.
Vantrue N2 1080P Dual Car Dash Cam
- 【Dual HD Cameras Front and Inside Recording】Dual cam recording simultaneously capture the license plates cars as well as road signs with 1440x1080P@30fps (front) and the cabin 1280x720P@30fps. Single front cam recording, Full-HD 1920x1080P@30fps resolution of front camera provides superb and clear video during day and night. Perfect for Uber/Taxi/Rideshare drivers or people who like to record the journey. Easy to install and operate.
- 【Near 360° Wide Angle & Heat Resistant】Ultra wide angles record road (170°) and interior (140°). The rear cam is easily adjustable (80°vertically) for the perfect view. With the HDR technology, F/2.0 aperture, 6 glasses lens and efficient processors, this car camera balance the exposure perfectly and provides high quality video with more details even in low light condition. Heat Resistant ABS resin + PC casing deliver high working performance in -4℉-158℉ (-20°-70°C).
- 【Dual Parking Modes & Audio Recording】Once hardwired, it can auto switch the dashboard camera to the Parking Mode. Triggered by the Motion Detection, the car camera recorder will automatically record a vehicle near the front of a person or object. It needs a constant power supply either from an external battery pack or hardwire (Asin: B07G9WTWB9). Triggered by time lapse, the dash camera dual will continue to take photos at a set time interval. Built in microphone/speaker for sound recording.
- 【Seamless Loop Recording and G-sensor】Support up to 64GB card (not included) , please format it to FAT32 first. Loop recording will cover the oldest lens when the capacity of the card is full. Variable sensitivity G-sensor with Automatic Collision Detection locks video files following event. Automatic/Manual lock option. Auto LCD off after the recording begins so you won't be disturbed by another glowing rectangle on your windshield.
- 【Satisfied Service w/ Optional GPS】Free for 18 months Warranty to cover any questions and email replies within 24 hours. Optional GPS to track the driving route, location and speed (To use GPS function, please buy an extra gps mount Asin: B07CYW6JXW). Suitable for uber and lyft drivers, private car, taxi, SUV or truck. Works with 12V and 24V vehicles, total peace of mind. Choose the best angle（below the rearview mirror) to install will get best effect.
When it comes to a car dashcam that’s loaded with so many features, this product is a true contender. It is a dual dashboard camera, which means it can simultaneously record front and back images in an impressive HD video. The resolution is superb at 1920 x 1080 for the front cam for videos at 30 fps. If the lighting is poor or during nighttime, the video quality remains excellent due to the IR light built into the device’s front cam.
You can capture so much from this camera with its near 360-degree solution with 170-degree wide angles and an interior 140-degree without much fish-eye distortion to worry about. As for the rear camera, you can adjust it to 80 degrees vertically to give you an outstanding view all the time. In case there is a crash or collision, this cam has a G-Sensor with an auto-collision detector.
This is why video files remain locked in after an impact, and you can activate them using the auto or manual locking option. In case the memory card gets full, the loop recording automatically overwrites all of your oldest footage with the new ones.
There are some people who complain about their recorded videos jumping slightly or flickering at times, but it could be due to the old version of the SD card used. Otherwise, if you use a high-quality card, the outcome of your recording should be crystal clear without these distortions.
- This is a small but intelligent dash cam with a front and back-facing feature, all in a single unit.
- The wide angles can record impressive videos without too much distortion.
- The LCD turns off automatically to prevent you from being distracted during recording.
- The use of low-quality SD cards can have an impact on the recorded videos’ sharpness and distortion level.
TaoTronics HD 1080P Car Dash Cam Wide Angle 2.7-Inch Screen with G Sensor
This dash cam from TaoTronics boasts of its HD quality recording capacities at 1920 x 1080P video resolution at 30 fps. It features a 150-degree wide-angle without any distortion and an exceptional night vision lens with a wide dynamic range. With the loop recording, the camera begins recording once you start your car.
Whenever an accident occurs, the camera detects it right away using the G-Sensor, and the data get locked to prevent them from being overwritten. With just a single click, you can either mute or lock the videos. This is truly one intelligent camera that makes sure all of your video footage turns out professional looking. You should never have a problem using this camera because of its automatic features, such as when starting or stopping the recording, locking the recording (also can be activated manually), and the delay function for the auto start (can be delayed in increments of 10 seconds).
Experimenting with where you plan on mounting the camera may be necessary since the right height must be obtained to prevent any obstruction to your view. The rotating feature of the camera is also great when you want to record your selfie videos. However, this is not a very useful feature when the lighting is poor or completely dark because there is no lighting built into this device.
- The resolution is superb, particularly when you playback your recording on your TV or computer.
- There are great features included, such as timestamps, video quality settings, and loop recording.
- This product includes a 32 GB memory card that is great value for your money.
- There is no built-in LED light in the unit, so it’s impossible to take excellent selfie videos when there is zero light in the car.
ITrue X3 2.7-Inch Car Dash Cam 1080P 170-Degree Angle with 8 GB Memory Card and Night Vision
- Emergency Lock Button & Accident Auto Detection Feature (G-Sensor) can lock current video file to memory.
- Full-HD Video 1920x1080 at 30 fps, super wide 170° angle. Auto Record - Auto On/Off along with your Car turning on or off. Endless looping mode and auto On/Off. Works automatically without any human touch.
- Excellent Night-vision by 6-layer Glass lenses and unique WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) video system (Similar to HDR technology in Camera).
- Unique front surface with simulated stitched leather-style can cut reflections and makes it more classy than other dash cams with just a plain black plastic case.
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty To Cover Any Issues. MicroSD card included.
A good car dashboard camera that you can use for safeguarding your vehicle or preventing massive insurance fees, the iTrue X3 comes with impressive features to keep you satisfied with your purchase. It has a G-Sensor that locks the current video files when there is an accident, so all the recording remains secure.
The 170-degree wide angle for the lens can capture full HD quality video at 1929 x 1080 resolution at 30 fps, and there’s an automatic on-and-off function when you start your engine. The functions can be activated automatically and hands-free for your convenience. If you wish to record videos at night, you may do so because of the WDR and 6 layers of the glass lens. Aesthetically, you will love the leather-style exterior of this camera instead of the black plastic case found in other options.
There are a few things to know about this dash cam to ensure your ease of use. For instance, you need to set the motion detection to off when you are recording as you drive to prevent you from having to stop recording randomly. The battery is also designed just for saving files during emergencies, which is why connecting to the external power is recommended while you are using the camera.
- The quality resolution of this camera is impressive, making it capable of capturing clear videos.
- There is a stylish design for the unit instead of the plain plastic material with some cameras.
- You can start this camera automatically the instant you turn the engine on.
- Some people had a problem with the motion detection function as it took them a while to exit this mode since there was no information in the manual.
- You need to keep the camera connected to the external power when in use.
Rexing V1 2.4-Inch Car Dash Cam 1080P G Sensor, Loop Recording, and Sony Exmor Vid Sensor
- ULTRA HD DISCREET DESIGN DASH CAM: Top image sensor captures beautiful 2160p video even while driving fast. Signature low-profile design allows the V1 to be a well-hidden witness to the road ahead. Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 256GB in memory size.
- 170 DEGREE ULTRA WIDE ANGLE LENS & WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE: The 7 layer glass lens opens up to capture a sweeping view of your surroundings. The superior WDR technology allows the camera to perform optimally in any lighting situation by adjusting the exposure to create balanced images and footage.
- SUPERCAPACITOR & PARKING MONITOR: The dash cam uses a supercapacitor which can withstand extreme temperatures from -20 to 176°F, that prevents the risk of overheating, extends the life span and reliability of the camera. With the parking monitor feature, the dash camera will automatically turn on and record a 20 second video when the car camera detects vibration OR select to record 24/7 by capturing frames to make a 24/7 time lapse video. Need smart hardwire kit to activate the parking mode.
- WIFI CONNECT: View, save, and share dash cam recordings wirelessly on your mobile device with the use of an app interface.
- LOOP RECORDING AND G-SENSOR: Video can be recorded in 1,2 or 3 minute intervals. When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite the oldest recordings. When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked videos will be kept safe from being overwritten.
Recording videos using this car dash cam is simple and effortless as it can capture images and turn these into clear videos all the time. There is a wide dynamic range that enables the camera to function well even in dim light conditions. This feature adjusts automatically to the camera’s exposure, which results in balanced footage and images.
It also mounts to your windshield without a problem, and it remains concealed from the exterior part of the car. With other features such as the auto-detection accident feature or G-Sensor, super wide lens, full HD recording, and WDR, you can be sure that all recorded items are of the finest quality at all times while giving you the ease of usage for an outstanding value for your dollar.
As for the limitations, this camera works great in recording daytime images in clear and crisp quality. However, the nighttime recordings are just mediocre. The battery could also use some improvement since it can only last for a few minutes.
- Record full HD quality videos all the time to make sure you don’t miss a thing.
- The WDR adjusts the settings of your camera automatically to achieve a pristine image no matter what the environment.
- There is more video that you can capture because of the wide angle of the 170-degree lens.
- Not the best nighttime video recording quality.
- It would be better if the battery could last longer.
LEVIN Discreet Design Dash Cam with High Temp Resistance and 1080P Full HD
- 【FHD 1080P RESOLUTION @ 30fps】Provides a clear video quality (1080p FHD @30fps) and 170 degree full glass lens with AVI format capturing all road conditions in order to capture a clear and more wide angles video.
- 【G-SENSOR DETECTION】When abrupt displacement or drastic change of position happens, all the video files will be locked and saved safely.
- 【WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE】WDR technology represents excellent camera performance even in low light condition and makes sure the camera can work when you drive at night.
- 【INVISIBLE from OUTSIDE】Levin Dash Camera stays completely concealed from outside of car without blocking your sight while you are driving.
- 【140 deg F. HIGH TEMPERATURE RESISTANT】Makes sure the camera can work perfectly fine under extremely hot weather. (LEVIN is confidence enough on the quality of its product, providing 12-month replacement warranty.)
In terms of the aesthetics, design, and function of this dash cam, you will agree that this product truly deserves to be at the top stop in this list. The LEVIN dash cam for cars comes with a wedge-shaped discreet design that makes it less obvious once mounted on the windshield. There is a capacitor power that resists overheating when you leave it in the car under the heat of the sun.
As for the recorded images, the resolution is outstanding as it can capture full HD videos due to the smooth imaging processing, high-quality lens, and 1080P HD video compression. Nighttime recordings are also great because of the WDR function built right into the unit.
This is quite a small dashcam, but it allows the unit to be easily attached to the windshield with just a piece of tape. But be careful about using tape since the adhesive portion is white, thus defeating the purpose of keeping the device concealed.
- There is a wide field of view at 170 degrees to capture more images without impacting the video quality.
- Videos recorded at night remain clear and distinct, thanks to the WDR function.
- You can tilt the lens up and down without a problem.
- The camera is a little too small for some people.
- There are those who complain about the less-than-perfect video quality of the camera right out of the box, but this can be improved by working with the settings.
We hope that we were able to help you select the best car dash cam for your needs. Please feel free to go back to our list to compare each item featured, and be sure to check the important aspects to look for when buying a dash cam that will match up to your expectations.