Are you looking to improve and increase your vehicle’s fuel economy? Or perhaps you want to put an end to that annoying and concerning noise your car makes?
If so, then the best oil additives in 2023 can make a huge difference to your car’s condition and lifespan. Have a look at what we have in store for you to give you an idea of the finest oil additives that will meet your specific needs and requirements for your precious vehicle.
Oil additives boost the overall performance of your car’s engine. But before you go ahead and buy just about any brand of oil additive out there, be sure to look into these key features to help you come up with a smart purchasing decision.
For instance, you need to check the ingredients in the oil additive in question. It should be free from harmful chemicals that will only wreak havoc on your engine. Another thing is the compatibility of the oil additives to your car.
You need to check the manual to make sure that it is indeed designed to work well with the engine. Lastly, make sure it is from a reputable brand that has received positive feedback from many buyers.
This way, you should be able to eliminate all concerns with using the oil additive you are planning to buy.
Best Oil Additives in 2023
Now that we have these factors lined up let us now go over our best oil additives in 2023 reviews.
We have gathered a selection of great products that should be able to give you an excellent experience in using the finest product worth your needs and expectation.
Hy-Per Lube Replacement Additive
- Provides Superior Wear Protection Even When Added to Oils Containing Reduced ZDDP Levels
- Maintains a Strong Oil Film at High Temperatures
- Reduces Cold Start Wear After Long Periods of Shut Down
- Environmentally Safe, Contains No Heavy Metals and Will Not Harm Emission Controls or Catalytic Converters
- Compatible With All Motor Oils Including Synthetics
When you need optimum protection against wear and tear in your vehicle, the Hy-Per Lube oil additive is one that is worth looking into. We like the fact that it protects your vehicle from wear while prolonging its lifespan.
It contains gentle ingredients that are suitable for many engines. When placed at a very high temperature, this oil maintains a powerful oil film to prevent issues with your car.
It also helps minimize wear from a cold start when your car is in a long period of a shutdown.
Although it does what it claims to offer, we have noticed that it takes quite a while before you can really see any difference in your vehicle when you use this product.
Other than that, everything else seems to work fine with it, but you need to be patient to see noticeable results.
COMP Cams Oil Additive
- Improves surface mating of rotating assembly, rod journals, piston rings, valve guides, cam and lifters, etc.
- Protects all internal engine components, including flat tappet and roller valve trains
- Proprietary additive package includes optimum amounts of ZDDP (Zinc and Phosphorus), Molybdenum and detergents
- Requires no additives or supplements for maximum protection
- Fully compatible with gasoline, methanol and high octane race fuel
If what you are looking for is to see an improvement in your rotating assembly’s surface matting, as well as the valve guides, lifters, piston rings, and so much more, then this product may be the solution for your concerns.
It protects the internal components of your engine, as well as the roller valve trains and the flat tappet. It also has a good amount of DDDP that protects your vehicle from the inside for excellent results in performance.
Perhaps the only thing that we would like to improve on this product is the packaging. It tends to leak a little, so it would be best if there is a tight seal that could prevent such an issue.
XADO Protective Oil Additive
- Engine oil additive restores the surfaces of the engine parts and compensates for the resulting wear
- Restoration of engine compression | Repair of the surfaces
- Provides active protection against overload and overheating | Extends lifespan
- Lowers fuel consumption effectively | protects the engine against wear | Atomic metal conditioner
- Motor oil additive with Revitalizant | Engine oil additive | Suitable for gasoline and gasoline engines
Another great oil additive that we recommend is this product from XADO. We like the fact that this engine oil does a great job of restoring the engine part surfaces while minimizing issues such as wear and tear.
It restores the compression of your engine, as well as repairs the surfaces quite well. As it protects your vehicle from overheating and overloading, you can ensure that this helps improve the lifespan of your car over time.
It is too soon to tell if the oil additive really works after using it just once. But there is a slight improvement, although it is not very noticeable to some people.
This is why it is important to be consistent with using it to achieve the results you want.
CamGuard Aircraft Oil Additive
- Oil additive for additional engine protection and enhanced performance
When you need a special formulation that can fight corrosion and rust issues with your vehicle, this product from CamGuard is something that is worth trying.
It minimizes the lift wear of your aircraft while preventing issues caused by engine deposits and build-ups. This product also creates a tight seal that will no longer cause deposits to occur while keeping the engine properly conditioned.
One thing we would like to mention about this oil additive is that it comes with a foaming agent.
It can be a little difficult to think that it can be removed easily on the camshaft, but it definitely does a solid job of addressing many problems with your engine.
Hot Shot’s Oil Additive
- Improved Power, Improved Compression
- Removed Engine Deposits, Seals Rings Better
- Neutralized Harmful Engine Acids, Reduced Frictional Drag
- Prevent Excessive Wear
- Reduced Lifter and Valve Noise
For enhanced compression and power, this product may be just what you have been looking for. It seals the rings much tighter while removing those nasty engine deposits.
You can also count on this product to neutralize acids that can be harmful to your engine.
Another thing to note about this product that many people love is the reduction in the frictional drag to make your car’s performance much smoother than ever.
For the most part, we think that this product seems to do its job in helping your engine stay in good condition. But it may take some time for you to notice if the injectors will really stop sticking or not. Overall, it is a solid product.
ZDDPPlus Oil Additive
- PROTECT YOUR ENGINE - Older cars with flat tapped lifters-cam need the added zinc for protection
- EASY TO USE - Simply empty entire 4oz contents of the bottle to a 4 to 6 quart oil change.
- PREVENT METAL ON METAL CONTACT - ZDDPlus alters characteristics to prevent metal on metal contact
- FOR USE ON PRE 1989 AND HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINES
- COMPATIBLE WITH SYNTHETIC AND CONVENTIONAL MOTOR OILS
With two bottles per pack, the ZDDPPlus is indeed a practical choice that is worthy of your money. It helps protect your precious engine, especially if you have an older vehicle that comes with lifters with a flat-tapped design.
It is very easy to use, and all you need is to dump the entire contents of the bottle in your oil change between 4 to 6 quarts.
We are impressed with the performance of this oil additive. But one thing to note is that it is only compatible with a few engines.
So you have to check yours first to make sure that it will really work and will not compromise the performance of your car.
TriboTEX Oil Additive
- GROUNDBREAKING: Made in the USA – TriboTEX is a revolutionary engine oil additive. It contains synthetic nanoparticles developed with funding from the U.S. Department of Energy, NASA, & the National Science Foundation.
- QUIETER & SMOOTHER PERFORMANCE: Reverses wear in bearings by building a diamond-like carbon coating.
- UNIVERSAL: Compatible with all types of motor oil and can be used in gas or diesel engines. Use for both old and new cars. It is an excellent engine booster.
- EFFICIENT: Our masterfully engineered engine treatment improves fuel consumption and reduces engine noise. It is time to improve your engine and take your driving experience to a new level.
- GUARANTEED QUALITY: We know you will be delighted with this ground-breaking technology. Our treatment comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Designed for smaller vehicles, this oil additive from TriboTEX contains nanoparticles of synthetic nature to give your vehicle that smoother and more efficient performance.
It is compatible with any type of motor oil, including diesel and gas engines. With its efficiency, this product is truly reliable and a must-have for your unique needs.
It may take a bit of time before you may notice an improvement in your vehicle by using this product. But it is sure worth giving a try considering the great ingredients it contains, and it would be best to really test its effects when the temperature drops outside.
Archoil Oil Additive
- 16oz AR9100 Friction Modifier - treats one Power Stroke
- Fixes 6.0L and 7.3L Power Stroke cold start injector problems
- Reduces wear and extends component life
- Reduces engine noise, vibration and heat
- For all diesel and gasoline engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, differentials and power steering systems
Are you experiencing power stroke issues with your engine? In this case, the Archoil oil additive may be something worth looking into for your needs.
It is compatible with diesel and gasoline engines, as well as power steering systems and hydraulics. It extends the component life of your car’s precious parts by reducing wear effectively.
It is quite easy to be a little sceptical at first about how this product really works. But after giving it a try and following all the instructions on how to use it, you will realize that it really makes a difference in your car’s performance.
REV X ZDDP Engine Oil Additives
- Creates an anti-wear layer at friction points to prevent metal-to-metal contact and eliminate wear.
- Engine break-in where the new camshaft and lifters need extra protection, and ZDDP is perfect for that.
- Mandatory for all flat tappet engines.
- Works in both synthetic and standard mineral-based oils.
- Two fluid ounces mixed with 6 quarts of oil create a ratio of 3000 – 3200 parts per million (ppm).
One pack of this product can treat up to 6 quarts, which makes it highly economical and practical to use.
It helps protect your engine from break-in periods, and you can ensure its efficient performance at all times. It works with flat tappet camshafts, whether solid or hydraulic, and it adds lubrication to lifter bearings at the same time.
We highly recommend that you carefully check the specifications of your vehicle before you use this product. This way, you can be sure that it is definitely compatible and will not cause any issues with the internal parts.
REV X Oil Additive High Performance
- 4 fl. oz. bottle of REV X High Performance Oil Additive. Will treat up to 6 quarts of oil per bottle.
- Quiets engine noise while cleaning harmful deposits, varnish and sludge in all engines. Reduces friction by creating a microscopic friction reduction layer on all treated components to reach areas standard oils can not.
- Removes stiction, common in HEUI Injectors, without using harmful and dangerous chemical strippers. For HEUI Injector Stiction, it is recommended to use two 4 fl. oz. bottles.
- Extends the service life of all synthetic, semi-synthetic, and mineral based oils providing a reduction of wear of all treated engine components.
- Greatly improves or eliminates cold start issues in all engines. Works great in all gas powered engines.
Lastly, we present this product, which is one of our finest – the Rev X. This oil additive goes well with 6 quarts of engine oil per pack. It treats issues with your engines, such as noises and harmful deposits.
You can also count on it to remove friction without relying on harmful chemicals. With the help of this product, it eliminates problems such as cold start in any type of engine.
Not only does it solve issues with your vehicle, but it also improves fuel economy. One bottle is just a tad expensive, but you can definitely count on this to do the job as you expect it.
There you have our best oil additives in 2023 reviews. We hope that we were able to help you pick out the right item to purchase after learning more about your options and determining the best features and some limitations of each.
How useful was this post?