When you’re driving an SUV, the last thing you want is for your passengers to be comfortable. That’s why the SUV with rear window that opens is such a great option. With this feature, your passengers can enjoy the fresh air and get some relief from the heat without having to leave the vehicle. And, since the window opens from the rear, it’s still easy for you to keep an eye on your passengers. So, if you’re looking for an SUV that offers a little bit of everything, the SUV with rear window that opens is a great choice.
SUV With Rear Window That Opens: Overview
What is an SUV with Rear Window that Opens?
An SUV with rear window that opens is a vehicle that allows the rear window to be opened separately from the main passenger door.
This type of SUV is often chosen for its added security, allowing passengers to exit the car without going through the main passenger door. Additionally, an SUV with rear window that opens can provide extra ventilation on hot days.
- [ UV Protection ] - The car sun shade can block harmful UV Rays. Protect your children and family ones from sun glare, heat and harmful UV rays. A must-have for long trips.
- [ Mesh Material ] - Auto rear window sun shade is made with lightweight UV guard mesh. It doesn't block view but only block bright light as well as heat under hot sunny weather.
- [ Efficient Suction Cups ] - The car rear window sun shade comes with 6 suction cups. They are efficient and can stick to the window glass tightly. TIP: THE STICKNESS OF THE CUP WOULD BE STRONGER IF THE SUCTION CUP IS PUT INTO BOILING WATER FOR A MINUTE BEFORE USING.
- [ Easy to Install & Storage ] - Car Windshield Sun shade with Pop-up style which designed to convenient to install, place the frame of the sun shade on the lower part of the car window, while use the car sun visor to resist/fix this sun shade. and car sun shade can be folded up, then you can put it into the storage pouch.
- [ Universal Size ] - IC ICLOVER rear window sun shade will fit most vehicles rear windows measuring 40" x 20". Our windshield sun shade measures 28"x31" for 1 piece., They fit really well for most standard car windshields. We recommend measuring your car window first before order for better experience!
- 【Powerful Protection】: This car rear window sunshade is made of durable mesh material, which can effectively protects against UVA and UVB rays and over 97% of harmful UV radiation, protecting your baby and passengers from skin irritation and bright sunlight without blocking the driver's view.
- 【Easy to Store & Carry】: This car rear window sunshade features a pop-up design that conveniently folds up when you're not using it. It easily twists and folds into a compact size that fits into a travel bag, glove box, or even between your seats.
- 【Easy to Install】: The car sunshade comes with removable suction cups that simply stick to the window to complete the installation without the need for an adhesive that leaves a messy residue.
- 【What You Get】: The package contains 1 x car rear window sunshade, which measures 39.37 x 19.69 inches. Universal fits most cars, SUVs, Minivans, and more.
- 【Note】: Suction cups soaked or soaked in a little water before use can be sucked more firmly. The suction cups can be easily removed by gently lifting the small ears. After a long period of sun exposure, the suction cups may be loose, just get them wet and put them on again.
- 【Window Shade for Car】 High quality double mesh layer sunshades can help you block out plenty of sun in the daytime and mosquito at night. Reject the solar sun glare to protect your families skin and eyes. Especially for your little baby.
- 【Keep Privacy for Passengers 】This car side window sleeve is easy to install and organize, open your car door, slide it over your window pull it over your rear doors in a couple minutes. These opaque sun shades can create some privacy for back passengers. Perfect for your camping trip.
- 【Window Still Roll Down】 Fully shades the window to protect from heat and sun,no sunburn, but cooler and more comfortable in the car. You can roll the windows up and down with window visor on freely to view scenery and can decelerate your car interior trims aging.
- 【The Size of Car Window Sleeve】The upgraded size range of car window covers of width is 29.5"- 63"(75-160cm), height is 19.7"-26.8" (50-68cm), please actually measure your window size before shopping. High elastic fabric suitable for more than 90% of cars, such as sedan, MPVs, hatchbacks, small SUVs, crossover Large SUV that with curved/rectangular windows.
- 【The Material of Car Window Screen】The material is very nice quality and very stretch. This is different from most conventional car window shades. Please contact us directly if you have any questions, we will provide 100% satisfaction afer-sales service.
- Extensive Sun Protection: Our window sunshades can keep your child and passengers cool and comfortable by protecting them from sun glare and UV. Our sunshade is a great sun blocker for car baby which is pet friendly and skin friendly! Reduces exposure to sun glare and UV rays while traveling with ease!
- Enhanced Mesh: Compared to the conventional rear window tint, EcoNour's Windshield Sunshade features an 80 GSM protective mesh with dual suction cups, which is effective in sun protection. Unlike other shades, our sun shade for back car window offer impeccable sun protection while others doesn't.
- Designed to Perfection: Our sunshades measuring 39 x 19 inches will fit for most vehicle's rear windshield. Also, our sun shield for car windows baby sunshade comes in two size variants. Make sure that your car’s rear windshield is within 39 inches tall and 19 inches wide for a better fit!
- Does not Block your Viewpoint: When compared to window tint, our rear window sunshade provides superior automotive interior sun protection without blocking your view.
- Easy to Store: If you wish to store the EcoNour rear sunshade, you can twist, collapse and fold our back window shade for baby into a small circle. Thanks to the elastic band, you can store the shade inside the glove compartment or even in between your seats.
- ✔【High Quality Material】This car side window sun shade is made of high quality mesh with dual suction cups, which is effective in sun protection.It is stretchy,durable and could be use in long life time.
- ✔【Universal Fit】Front side window size:44x36cm/17.3"x14.2"(LxW), back side window size:65x38cm/25.6"x14.9"(LxW), rear window size:100x50cm/39.4"x19.6"(LxW).Fit all car/suv/truck.
- ✔【Easy to Install】The car sunshade comes with removable suction cups that simply stick to the window to complete the installation without the need for an adhesive that leaves a messy residue.
- ✔【Easy to Store】If you wish to store the Pincuttee mesh window sun shade, you can twist, collapse and fold our window shade into a small circle. Thanks to the elastic band, you can store the shade inside the glove compartment or even in between your seats.
- ✔【Mesh Window Sun Shade with 97% Sun Protection】This back window sun shade for car can keep your child and passengers cool and comfortable by protecting them from skin irritation and bright sunlight without blocking the driver's view.
Pros And Cons Of An SUV With Rear Window That Opens
SUVs are popular for a variety of reasons: they’re spacious, comfortable, and perfect for family trips. But one feature that’s not so popular is that the rear window doesn’t open. This can make it difficult to get fresh air circulating in the car, especially on hot days.
Some people have suggested that SUV manufacturers should start installing rear windows that open in order to make these cars more comfortable and practical. But there are also pros and cons to consider before making such a change.
On the plus side, an open rear window would allow for better ventilation in the car. This would be especially helpful on long road trips or in hot weather when the air inside the car can start to feel stuffy. It would also make it easier to hear what’s happening outside, which can be important for safety.
On the downside, an open rear window would let in more noise from outside. If you’re trying to enjoy a peaceful drive or get some rest, this could be a problem. It could also be a safety hazard if you need to keep your eyes on the road.
So, what do you think? Would an SUV with rear window that opens be a good idea? Or are the cons outweigh the pros? Let us know in the comments below!
- Better ventilation.
- Easier to hear outside noise.
- More noise from outside.
- Safety hazard if you need to keep your eyes on the road.
What SUV Models Have A Rear Window that Opens?
Some SUV models with open rear windows are the Jeep Wrangler, Toyota Highlander, Nissan Pathfinder, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot, Toyota Matrix, Toyota 4runner, Ford Bronco, and Chevrolet Blazer.7
The Jeep Wrangler is a vehicle that has been around for many years. It was first produced in 1987 and is still being made today. The Wrangler is known for its off-road capabilities, as well as its style. It is often considered a classic SUV.
The Toyota Highlander is a mid-sized SUV that seats 7 passengers. It comes with a V6 engine and either front or all-wheel drive. The Highlander has been redesigned for the 2014 model year and now offers more features and options than ever before.
One of the highlights of the redesign is the addition of a rear window that opens, making it easier to get in and out of the vehicle.
The Nissan Pathfinder is a popular SUV with a rear window that can open. This feature is perfect for hot days when the driver wants to get some fresh air.
The Pathfinder also has various other features, such as all-wheel drive and a V6 engine. This suv is a great choice for families or individuals who want a vehicle that can handle all terrain and conditions.
Jeep Grand Cherokee
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a mid-sized suv that has been in production since 1993. It was originally designed as a replacement for the Wagoneer and has been through several iterations over the years.
The current model is available with either rear- or 4-wheel drive and comes in various trim levels. Some features available on the Grand Cherokee include air conditioning, power windows and locks, heated seats, satellite radio, and more.
The Honda Pilot is a great car for families who are looking for an SUV. It has a lot of great features that make it perfect for long trips or daily driving.
The rear window opens so kids can easily climb in and out, and the interior is spacious enough to fit everyone comfortably. Plus, the Honda Pilot is reliable and affordable, making it a great choice for anyone on a budget.
The Toyota Matrix is a compact car that was first introduced in 2001. It was initially marketed as a crossover vehicle, but it later became a hatchback. The Matrix has been praised for its fuel economy and its spacious interior. It is also known for being reliable and affordable.
The Matrix is available with both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. It has a variety of engines, including a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine capable of up to 30 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway.
The Matrix is also available with a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine that is more powerful and provides up to 26 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
The Matrix has a variety of features that are designed to make it a versatile and practical vehicle. These features include an open rear window, fold-flat seats, and an optional sunroof.
The Toyota 4runner is an SUV that has a rear window that opens. This SUV is perfect for those who are looking for an affordable SUV with great features.
The 4runner comes with a V6 engine, giving you plenty of power and torque when needed. The rear window opening feature makes this suv unique and perfect for those who love the outdoors.
The Ford Bronco is a classic SUV that Ford first released in 1966. The Bronco was popular for its ruggedness, off-road capabilities, and stylish looks. It had a long production run, and the manufacturer made many different versions over the years.
Ford produced the last version of the Bronco in 1996, and it has been discontinued ever since. However, there have been rumors of a new version being released in the near future. If this turns out to be true, it will surely be a hit with fans of the original model.
The Chevrolet Blazer was a mid-size SUV that General Motors produced from 1969 to 2005. It was available in both two-door and four-door body styles and was produced in both rear-wheel drive and 4-wheel drive versions.
The Blazer is considered to be the predecessor of the popular Chevrolet Tahoe SUV.
How To Choose An SUV With Rear Window That Opens
When you’re looking to buy a new SUV, one of the features you’ll want to consider is whether or not the vehicle has a rear window that opens. This can be a very important feature, especially if you have children or pets who need to be able to get in and out of the car easily.
Here are 5 tips for choosing an SUV with rear window that opens:
Decide what your needs are
Before you start shopping for SUVs, take some time to think about what your needs are. What are the most important features for you? Do you need a lot of cargo space? How important is it to have a 4-wheel drive?
Once you know your priorities, finding an SUV that meets your needs will be easier.
Consider your budget
SUVs can range in price from around 20,000 to 100,000 dollars or more. So before you start shopping, decide how much money you want to spend and stick to it.
Narrow down your choices
Once you know what type of SUV you want and how much money you want to spend, start narrowing down your choices by reading reviews and checking out models online.
Go for a test drive
When you’ve found a few SUVs that meet your needs and fit your budget, it’s time to go for a test drive. This is the best way to see how well a vehicle suits you.
Choose the right model for you
Once you’ve taken a few different SUVs for a test drive, it’s time to choose the right model for you. Consider the size of the vehicle, the features it offers, and how much money you want to spend.
How To Use An SUV With Rear Window That Opens
How to open the rear window on your SUV?
A button or latch should be located on the SUV’s back to open the rear window. If you can’t find it, consult your owner’s manual. Once the window is open, you can enjoy the fresh air and breeze as you cruise down the road.
How to maintain the rear window on my SUV?
Maintaining the rear window on your SUV is a fairly simple process. All you need is a bucket of soapy water, a sponge, and a cloth.
Wet the sponge with soapy water and suds up the entire window, top to bottom. Rinse off the suds with the cloth and then dry off the window with a clean towel or chamois.
If you have any glass cleaner left on your windshield after cleaning it, make sure to wipe it off. Doing this simple maintenance every few weeks will keep your rear window looking clean and clear.
There is a variety of ways that people maintain the rear window on their SUV. Some people use suction cups to hold the window, while others use ropes or seat belts. Many people find that using a cover for the window helps to keep it in good condition. Finally, some people simply close the window when it is not in use.
What to do if my SUV’s rear window won’t open?
If your SUV’s rear window doesn’t open, you should first check to see if it’s locked. If it is locked, unlock it and try again. Besides, you can also try to roll it down manually.
If the window still doesn’t open, something may be blocking it. Check to see if there’s anything in the way of the window opening and remove whatever is blocking it.
If the window still doesn’t open, you may need to call a mechanic to fix it. In the meantime, you can try to keep your car’s interior as cool as possible by parking in the shade and using a sun visor.
What to do if my SUV’s rear window is broken?
If your SUV’s rear window is broken, the best thing to do is call a tow truck and have the car towed to a mechanic. Depending on the severity of the break, the rear window may need to be replaced entirely.
If you’re feeling brave and have some handyman skills, you could try repairing the window yourself – but it’s not recommended unless you’re familiar with the process.
If the break is small, you may be able to fix it with duct tape temporarily. However, this is only a temporary measure, and you’ll still need to have the window replaced as soon as possible. Driving around with a broken rear window is dangerous and illegal in most states, so don’t take any chances!
Tips For Driving An SUV With Rear Window That Opens
When driving an SUV with rear window that opens, it’s important to follow some tips for safety. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
Make sure the window is fully opened before driving
If it’s not, the suction can pull the window down unexpectedly while you’re driving, which could be dangerous.
Keep an eye on the traffic around you
When your window is open, you may not be able to hear or see as well as you normally would, so make sure you’re aware of what’s going on around you and who is near your vehicle.
Watch for sudden stops or changes in direction, and be prepared to take action if necessary.
Don’t have anything in your hands when you’re driving. It can be dangerous to reach for something that falls out of the car when the window is open – you could lose control of the vehicle.
Stay alert when driving in busy areas. The last thing you want is someone to open your car door while driving!
You should also take some precautions before opening the window, such as making sure there are no small children or pets in the backseat. You should also be aware of your surroundings and not open the window if it is a safety hazard.
Be aware of the weather conditions
It would be best to keep the window closed if it’s windy, raining, or snowing.
Use common sense when opening the rear window of your SUV. If it’s raining or snowing outside, wait until conditions improve before opening the window.
Drive slowly and carefully
When the rear window is open, it can be more difficult to control the vehicle, so take your time and be careful.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that you and your passengers stay safe while driving an SUV with rear window that opens.
Frequently Asked Questions About SUV With Rear Window That Opens
Can you put the car in reverse while the rear window is open?
You can put the car in reverse while the rear window is open, but it is not recommended. When you are reversing, you need to see what is behind you clearly, and when the rear window is open, it can obstruct your view.
Why would you want an SUV with rear window that opens?
An SUV with rear window that opens can provide extra ventilation when the weather is hot or when you need to transport something in the backseat. It can also help improve visibility while reversing.
How does the rear window work on an SUV?
The rear window on an SUV works by either opening or closing with a switch. When the switch is turned on, the window will either open or close depending on its position.
If the window is closed and you want to open it, you would turn the switch to the opposite position, and it will open. If the window is already open, turning the switch will cause it to close.
Is there a way to keep the window from opening accidentally?
There is a way to keep the window from opening accidentally, but it requires some effort. You can tie something around the handle to keep it from opening or install a locking mechanism to ensure the window doesn’t budge.
How do I know if an SUV has a rear window that opens?
You can easily determine if an SUV has an open rear window by checking the manufacturer’s specifications. Many SUVs have this feature, but it’s not universal. If you’re interested in purchasing an SUV with rear window that opens, check the specs before buying.
Can I install a rear window that opens in my SUV?
You can install a rear window that opens in your SUV, but you may need to do some customizing.
The rear window usually opens by sliding down, so you’ll need to remove the SUV’s back seat and modify the inside paneling to make room for the window. You can also buy aftermarket kits with all the necessary parts and instructions.
Are there any dangers to having a rear window that opens in an SUV?
There is no real danger to having a rear window that opens in an SUV. The only thing to be careful of is ensuring the window is closed securely before driving, as it could fly open while driving and create a dangerous situation.
Can the rear window be opened while the SUV is in motion?
There is no right answer to this question, as each driver’s comfort level and ability to handle different situations will vary. However, it is generally recommended that the rear window not be opened. At the same time, the SUV is in motion, as it can create a dangerous situation for both the driver and passengers.
Instead, open the window before you start driving or when you’ve stopped and are ready to get out of the car.
How often should you clean the rear window if you open it?
It is best to clean the rear window if it can be opened whenever it becomes dirty. This will help keep it in good condition and prevent dirt and other debris from building up over time.
Are there any restrictions on who can open the rear window?
There are no restrictions on who can open the rear window. You can be at peace in mind to do this action.
Final Thought About An SUV With Rear Window That Opens
If you’re in the market for an SUV, be sure to check out models with a rear window that opens. This feature provides extra ventilation and makes it easier to transport large items.
You’ll also enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that your children can safely escape from the vehicle in the event of an emergency. An SUV with rear window that opens is a great choice for families who want the utility of an SUV without sacrificing safety.